- 24/7 Emergency Service
- Expert smoke damage restoration technicians
- Smoke damage clean up services you can count on
Do you have smoke damage or need emergency smoke odor removal?
Perhaps the hardest part of a fire is smoke damage clean up. The secret to getting the smell out is smoke odor removal … not attempting to cover up the problem. A variety of techniques are used to counteract the smoke smell depending on its origin. Smoke can come from a stove fire, usually indicating protein. This type of smoke is generally invisible and can be very difficult to remove without professional help. Smoke can also be of natural or synthetic origin. Either way, it’s important for us to know the origin in order to combat the problem.
Damage Control is proud provide quality Smoke Damage Clean Up and Restoration services in Northeastern Pennsylvania, including our local communities of:
- Saw Creek, Hemlock Farms, Matamoras, Milford
- Lake Winola, Nicholson, Factoryville, Tunkhannock
- Harford, Thompson, Union Dale, Montrose
- Pittston, Wilkes Barre, Hazleton, Nanticoke
- Clarks Summit, Moscow, Scranton, Dickson City, Carbondale
- Honesdale, Waymart, Hawley,
- Mt. Pocono, Tobyhanna, Stroudsburg
Damage Control’s Helpful Smoke Damage Clean Up Tips
You Want to
- Blow or vacuum loose soot particles
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas
- Empty freezer & refrigerator completely and prop doors open
- During freezing weather pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, and tubs
- Change all HVAC filters Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances, TV sets, radios, etc. that may have been close to fire, heat, or water
- Use any food stored close to fire, heat, or water
- Send garment to ordinary dry cleaner
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or sagging
- Go anywhere near standing water if electricity is still live
Whether it’s a building fire or a home fire, the result can be devastating. Part of what makes the aftermath so difficult is smoke damage. In many cases, smoke and soot can do more harm than the actual flames. Damage Control, Inc. is equipped to fully remove acidic soot, deodorize the property, and reverse the yellowing of the walls, floors, and ceilings.
What Does Smoke Damage Do?
Once smoke permeates the home, it wreaks absolute havoc. Smoke is composed of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and soot. The soot from the smoke will latch onto walls, ceilings, floors, furniture, ductwork, clothes, and more, and it will be nearly impossible to remove by yourself. If the smoke damage is not properly addressed, it can cause fatal health issues, dominate the property with strong odors, and create hideous discolorations throughout the affected areas.
How Damage Control, Inc. Can Help with Smoke Damage Repair
Trying to remove the effects of smoke damage by yourself is fighting an uphill battle. A coating of soot may be easily removed with a do-it-yourself cleaning technique, but fully removing soot requires more than a simple surface cleaning. It’s common for smoke and soot to deeply seep into the affected areas of the home, and it’s very difficult eliminate the damage.
Damage Control, Inc. has the experience, tools, and personnel to fully remove smoke and soot from the home. Working with us means a quicker clean-up and lower smoke damage restoration costs.
Our Smoke Damage Restoration and Smoke Odor Removal Process
- Inspection and damage assessment. Damage Control, Inc. is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and once we receive a service call, we quickly arrive to the scene to assess the extent of the damage.
- Emergency board-up and structural conservation. Fire can cause severe damage to the structural stability of the home, so we take great measures to salvage as much as possible.
- Elimination of soot and residue. We thoroughly clean soot from the affected areas of the home.
- Complete deodorization. We deodorize the home with effective odor removal methods.
Trust Damage Control, Inc.
When you use Damage Control, Inc., you will immediately know that you’re in great hands. Our deep industry knowledge, expert personnel, high-end equipment, and unwavering commitment to our customers make us the best company to handle your smoke damage restoration.
Contact Damage Control now for our 24/7 emergency smoke damage resotration services!