Clean up is one of the biggest challenges when it comes to Wilkes Barre smoke damage, which can be devastating to your structure and personal property. Damage Control understands that acting quickly and efficiently is the best way to minimize destruction in order to get your home or business back.
How to Handle Wilkes Barre Smoke Damage
The key to getting the smell out is to have a restoration company like Damage Control remove the smoke odor using advanced techniques that work. Here are a few important tips:
- Do NOT try to simply cover up the smell
- Seek the help of a professional
- Do not enter the property without the proper protective attire and respiration
- Launder clothes, bedding, curtains and other washables. Remember some items may be dry-clean only.
- Empty your refrigerator and keep the doors propped open
- Completely avoid standing water is there are any live electrical wires exposed
- Dispose of any food that may have been stored near heat, fire, or water
When to Treat for Smoke Damage
Smoke damage should be treated as quickly as possible in order to avoid unnecessary complications. If left untreated, the restoration process will be more difficult and take longer. Smoke and ash continue to corrode and cause damage to materials if they’re left behind. And if smoke isn’t removed quickly, the odor can stay in a home or business long after the fire has been put out.
If you’ve recently experienced smoke damage caused by a fire or some other source, contact Damage Control now to find out why you can trust our professionals to handle your restoration. We offer:
- Reliable smoke clean up services
- 24/7 emergency service
- Expert techniques using advanced technology
To find out more about Damage Control and the smoke damage services we offer, contact us today!