Once the fire is out and the firefighters are gone, the smoke and damage remains. It takes professionals with the knowledge and experience to handle your Scranton smoke damage quickly and efficiently.
If left untreated, smoke and ash can cause additional damage to your property, including:
- Strong odors
Do I Need Professional Smoke Damage Restoration?
Many homeowners attempt smoke damage clean up on their own, only to find out that the costs for restoration can skyrocket after a few weeks have gone by when the actual damage is apparent. Persistent and offensive odors will linger, and any remaining ash will continue to cause destruction due to its acidic nature.
When you hire a professional restoration company like Damage Control, we handle the entire process from start to finish. Having someone you can trust to do the job right is the fastest way to get your home and your life back on track.
Damage Control understands the importance of acting quickly to get your restoration started, and our specialized equipment, training, and knowledge can help you save both your home and personal belongings. Here are a few tips to follow if you’re currently experiencing smoke damage caused by a recent fire:
- Get professional help you can trust
- Don’t think covering up the smell is enough
- Always wear protective attire and proper respiration gear when entering your property
- Washables like curtains, bedding, and clothes may be laundered, but pay attention to items that need to be dry-cleaned.
- Prop open the doors of your refrigerator and empty it out.
- Watch for exposed electrical wires and be sure to avoid standing water.
- Always put the safety of you and your family or co-workers first.
Contact our trusted professionals today to find out what Damage Control can do to eliminate smoke damage today!